2009/08/29

Driving

Where else in the world can you drive at 80 km/h right in the middle of the city? Right here in the UAE. It does not even feel like I'm speeding, I felt I was driving slowly. Consider this: 80 km/h is the speed limit to expressways in Singapore. Roads in Toorak in Melbourne only let you do 40.  The speed limit on the highways, i.e. the 30th/2nd/4th, etc is 100 km/h. I do exactly that (and 20 on top of that) and cars zip past me left right and centre. Maybe they are rushing for dinner, who knows? 80 on the above mentioned road I get tail gated like crazy with them huge 4 wheel drives and high beams shooting right into my rear view mirror. Makes me want to get a tank next time I hit the road. Well, what can I do but swear within the comfort of my little toyota? 

No comments: